You may have come across different terms while finding the best digital marketing strategies. Without the right tactics, you cannot find a positive ROI. The most common marketing strategies in the digital world are SEO and SEM. However, which one is a more effective and better choice for your campaign?
Our digital marketers at Leonix Studios know the right technique to be applied to your marketing program. Still, we like to provide you with comprehensive information to let you make a decision.
Get the basic concept of SEO
SEO is a set of ethical tactics to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website with organic searches. You have to apply strategic techniques forSEO to find a position on the first page of SERPs.
While applied properly, SEO provides you with amazing results. You will find increasing sales and better brand awareness.
Although there are different search engines, Google covers the major share. That is why our digital marketers mostly focus on Google’s algorithms to manage your SEO campaign. Every day, Google deals with more than 1 trillion searches. Thus, our goal is to drive more traffic from Google with SEO.
Most important factors for SEO
· Accessible website –Create a sitemap and let Google crawl your site. The site needs to be accessible to your target audience.
· Domain authority- Your website’s DA indicates search dominance. However, older domains have higherDAs. You need to secure backlinks from high DA blogs and websites.
· Mobile-friendliness - Google prefers a mobile-first approach while indexing sites. Make your website SEO-friendly for mobile users. The choice of the best page designs, plugins, and fonts makes your site mobile-friendly.
· Website loading speed- Fast-loading webpages retain several visitors, and thus, they can reduce page abandonment rates.
· Original content –Publish high-quality, plagiarism-free content with at least 2000 words.
· TechnicalSEO – It is about creating meta descriptions, meta titles, and heading tags. Moreover, schema markups and HTML are other technical SEO factors.
What is SEM?
SEM refers to the paid advertising methods to make your website appear in the search results. It is related to PPC, as you need to pay for every click. With your SEM campaign, you may publish ads in different formats, like video and images.
A brief outline of the major differences
· In the case of SEM, every time your users hit the ads, you have to pay for it. On the contrary, you do not need to pay an amount for the SEO result. Thus, there are paid ad placements for SEM results. You need to check your budget while displaying SEM ads. The organic search result does not need any payment for clicks.
· SEM results are viewable to the target audience. The scenario is different for an SEO campaign. Still, both of them are successful strategies, as they connect you to potential customers. SEM lets you mention something about the target audience.In SEO, there is no option for choosing who will view the search results.
· While SEM gives instant results, SEO takes much time. When you have launched your SEM campaign, you will find your ads in the search result. You may also turn on and turn off the ads. SEO needs your patience to deliver the desired outcome.However, it becomes valuable with time, whereas SEM does not give this advantage.
· The click-through-rate is higher in SEO and can outperform other SEM ads.
Do you still have questions on how to decide on SEO and SEM? Consult with our professionals at Leonix Studios and take the best step for your campaign. You m